Conditions and pay
At Curtin you can expect flexible conditions, commitment to equal opportunity and generous superannuation.
Conditions of employment
As a Curtin staff member, you are employed under a union-negotiated Enterprise Agreement.
The Enterprise Agreement includes clauses regarding salary, parental leave, work conditions and flexible arrangements. An Enterprise Agreement is sometimes called an Enterprise Bargaining Agreement.
At Curtin, we have a combined Enterprise Agreement for Academic, Professional and General Staff and a specific agreement for staff employed within the Early Childhood Centre.
We respect and value the diversity of our staff and we are committed to creating an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. Our aim is for an inclusive university culture that goes beyond legislative compliance to provide an environment in which all people feel respected, valued, welcome and safe.
The underlying values of our Ethics and Social Justice Commitment, developed in 1996, are:
- Recognition of the rights and dignity of all individuals;
- Equality of opportunity in education and employment for all;
- Enhancing diversity in gender, age, culture, beliefs, attitudes, language and social circumstance;
- Recognition of the particular place of Indigenous peoples in Australia;
- A well maintained, safe and enhanced environment
We provide extremely competitive superannuation benefits to our staff via schemes administrated by UniSuper Management